I don’t know about you, but I don’t usually talk to other guys about grooming or personal hygiene. Sports, business, and (lots of) nonsense are usually up my alley. I don’t ask them about their shopping routine, where they buy their products, what they don’t like about the experience.
But when I was doing research for Dapper & Done, I did talk to a lot of guys about their personal hygiene. What they liked. What they didn’t like. What their routines for shopping were. And I found out some very interesting stuff.
While my own personal pain point stemmed from having to waste time to physically go to the store, I got a lot of other insight into other challenges that guys were having with the shopping experiences for grooming products.
Here are ten interesting pain points:
- For people who are invested in their careers and work long hours, it’s too time- and energy-consuming to have to go to the store. (Yes! Other people agree with me.)
- Looking for the actual products in the store is inefficient - finding the right aisle, and then looking at all the products to find what you want.
- The store may not sell the high-end product that you want, so you'll have to go somewhere else to get the product you’re looking for.
- It’s frustrating when the store runs out of the product you need or if they discontinue a certain product that you like.
- Being overwhelmed with all of the options at the store or online and not knowing what products to get.
- Shopping online is inefficient because you have to spend time searching for the products you’re looking for.
- Products on subscription that don't come in a timely matter. You’ll get sent too much product when you don't need it - or you run out, and the product haven’t arrived yet.
- Not realizing that you're running low on products until you're about to run out.
- Wanting to use products that are healthy for you.
- For bachelors, the design of the products is important - they want women to use their bathroom and see that they have premium products.
As you can see, there are a wide range of inefficiencies and pain points - which gave me a lot to work with when coming up with a solution for Dapper & Done.
Your turn. What do you hate about the shopping experience for grooming products?