Brickell CEO Josh Meyer shares a simple and quick daily face care routine.
The emphasis of this blog is to help men be, feel, and look dapper quickly and efficiently. You're going to share a simple 2-step routine that men can do to maintain healthy skin.
Josh: This routine applies to men of all skin types and should be followed every day. Over time you'll have noticeably healthier skin on your face, reduced wrinkles, and a brighter complexion.
Step 1: Cleanse.
Wash your face 1-2x a day with a men's face wash to keep it oil, grime, and dirt free. In the morning, after work/a workout, and before bed are good points during the day.
- Before washing, rinse your face with warm water or take a shower to open up your pores to allow dirt and oil to more easily be removed.
- Use only a dime sized amount of face wash as the skin on your face is extremely delicate, it really needs very little to be cleansed.
- Lather up your face for 30 seconds with your face wash by lightly rubbing in a circular motion. Try not to pull down on the skin as you don't want to help gravity and expedite the natural occurrence of wrinkles/loose skin.
- After 30 seconds, rinse your face with cool water as this will shrink and tighten your pores, preventing new dirt and oil from entering them.
- Pat your face dry as rubbing encourages premature wrinkling from stretching the skin. Your face should feel clean but not "too clean." People have been programmed by cheap, drugstore face washes to think that your face should feel tight and dry after you wash it. This is actually bad for your face as it can increase oil production, cause breakouts, and drying out your face causes expedited aging.
Tip: You should also use a men's face scrub 1-2x a week to exfoliate your skin, which removes dead skin cells from clogging up pores and dulling your complexion. Exfoliating the skin also has the added benefit of preventing in grown hairs and softening up rough facial hair for a close shave.
Step 2: Hydrate.
Moisturize your skin with a men's face moisturizer 1-2x a day after washing it. Evenly rub a quarter sized amount around your face. Hydrating your face keeps it looking healthy, preventing aging and wrinkles, and prevents excess oil production. It also helps build a protective layer over your skin to prevent dirt and oil from going into your pores. Be extra sure to rub the moisturizer around the areas men are most susceptible to wrinkles: the forehead and around the eyes.
Tip: A good men's eye cream, can also tighten and rejuvenate the tired, wrinkly skin around your eyes.