Thinking about getting into wet shaving… but not sure where to start? Or - if you’re already wet shaving… but not exactly sure what you’re doing and need some help?
Well, below is a short and sweet “toolkit” of resources – articles, blogs, communities, experts to follow, and other resources – to help you step up your wet shaving game.
***Read all the way to the bottom to find out how you can get a download of the "Wet Shaving Toolkit" for free.***
Educational Content(1) What is Wet Shaving? (Source: ManlinessKit.com)
Totally new to wet shaving? In fact, don’t even know what wet shaving really is? Get an overview of the basics: definition of wet shaving, how to effectively do it, what tools you’ll need, traditional wet shaving vs. modern wet shaving & more.
(2) 7 Mistakes New Wet Shavers Make (Source: ArtOfManliness.com)
Learn what NOT to do. Shaving expert Mark Herro shares 7 mistakes that new wet shavers make – including shaving over unlubricated skin, incorrect blade angle, and repeating strokes – plus, advice on how to overcome these mistakes.
(3) The Ten Minute Traditional Wet Shave (Source: Sharpologist YouTube Channel)
Now actually watch Mark Herro do a traditional wet shave in this video tutorial.
(4) So You Want to Be a Wet Shaver? (Source: Shaving101.com)
Learn about the tools, products, and accessories you’ll need for wet shaving.
(5) Types of Razors: The Basics (Source: WhyIWetShave.com)
Learn about two different kinds of razors that can be used in wet shaving: straight razors and safety razors.
(6) Safety Razors or Cartridge Razors (Source: ManlinessKit.com)
Find out how typical cartridge razors compare with safety razors.
(7) The Shaving Cream Guide (Source: GentlemansGazette.com)
There are so many types of shaving creams, foams, and gels. Learn more about shaving creams – and even how to lather.
(8) The Shaving Soap Guide (Source: GentlemansGazette.com)
You can also use shaving soap for your wet shaving routine. Find out what makes a good shaving soap, how to use it, and what makes shaving soaps different than shaving creams.
(9) What Is the Best Shaving Brush? (Source: Sharpologist.com)
There are also a variety of different shaving brushes that you can use. Learn about boar, horse, badger, synthetic, and travel brushes.
(10) The Best Shaving Bowls for the Most Traditional Shave (Source: PrimAndPrep.com)
Do you really need a shaving bowl? Educate yourself about shaving bowls, mugs, and scuttles.
(11) Sharpologist – Wet-shaving and grooming resource that offers tutorials, product reviews, discussions, and more.
(12) Sharpologist YouTube Channel - A plethora of videos to help you with wet shaving including topics on shaving techniques, equipment, product reviews, Q&As, and more.
(13) Why I Wet Shave – Resource for people who are completely new to wet shaving.
(14) Manliness Kit – Grooming blog that covers wet shaving, as well as beard grooming, facial care, and other grooming topics.
(15) The Shave Nook
(16) The Shave Den
(18) Badger & Blade
Experts to Follow
(19) Mark Herro (aka Mantic59) of Sharpologist
- Twitter: @Mantic59
- Interview with Dapper & Done – Mark shares his story on how he became a wet shaving expert, shaving & grooming tips, and more.
(20) Matt Broderick of Why I Wet Shave
- Twitter: @WhyIWetShave
- Interview with Dapper & Done – Matt shares his story, explains what wet shaving actually is and why guys should start wet shaving, and even provides his own wet shaving routine.
Wet Shaving Products
(21) Dapper & Done
If you’re not sure what to get started, then check out the Wet Shaving Starter Kit, which will give you a low-risk opportunity to try out a variety of wet shaving products – pre-shave, shaving creams, aftershave – for just $10 (not including taxes). We’ll even throw in free shipping too. :)
Step Up Your Grooming Game
You want the "Wet Shaving Toolkit" sent to you for free? Yeah, you do! Just click the button below to get it.
Oh, and it also includes a nice little bonus for you too. :)